Long sleeves and gloves on the field and lots of coats in the stands? It's Chicago soccer in March.
I was driving around just this weekend thinking about how much I miss going to Toyota Park for Chicago Fire soccer. Now we all have a target date for when the action will return: Saturday, March 24, 2012. We don't know the time or the opponent just yet but hey let the countdown begin to the beginning of the15th season.
- Last season's home opener was on a bitterly cold March 26th afternoon.against Sporting KC
- March 24th, 2011 kicked off a cold spell after Chicago had some 'decent March temperatures'. Last year's season opener on March 19th saw good weather in both Dallas and Chicago
- The Fire season opener will NOT be against the
, , , or the based on their home openers
- Colorado and D.C host some potentially chilly games on March 10
- Portland's home opener is on a Monday
- Don't forget you can get in on the action by purchasing season tickets from Chicago Fire/Our City Our Club or Section 8 Chicago. You can also call 1-888-MLS-FIRE (657-3473)
The full list of 2012 MLS home openers is after the break.
2012 MLS Home Openers
Saturday, March 10:, D.C. United, LA Galaxy, , FC, FC
Sunday, March 11:,
Monday, March 12:
Saturday, March 17:, ,
Sunday, March 18:
Saturday, March 24: Chicago Fire, Columbus Crew, New England Revolution, Toronto FC
Sunday, March 25: New York Red Bulls
Saturday, May 12:(new stadium opener)
Odds that the Chicago Fire will be playing in Houston on May 12? I'm going with 3 to 1.