Coach Carlos de los Cobos released 7 more trialists today and added 1, bringing the roster down to within 5 of the expected final count. 33 players remain in camp out of the 28-30 required by March 1. 21 of the 33 have contracts, 10 trialists remain, and 2 unsigned draft picks remain. There are rumors of more potential trialists floating around but time is running out. We are getting closer and closer to the look of the squad you will see on opening day.
Can you predict the final 28?
Updated Camp Roster and info on the newest trialist Nabil Taider after the break...
- Sean Johnson 25 Goalkeeper
- Jon Conway 1 Goalkeeper
- Gonzalo Segares 31 Defender
- Jalil Anibaba 6 Defender
- Dasan Robinson 32 Defender
- Kwame Watson-Siriboe 4 Defender
- Cory Gibbs 5 Defender
- Josip Mikulic 23 Defender
- Steven Kinney 28 Defender
- Mike Banner 18 Midfielder/Defender
- Bratislav Ristic 77 Midfielder/Defender
- Logan Pause 12 Midfielder
- Marco Pappa 16 Midfielder
- Corben Bone 19 Midfielder
- Baggio Husidic 9 Midfielder
- Victor Pineda 27 Midfielder
- Daniel Paladini 11 Midfielder
- Patrick Nyarko 14 Forward/Midfielder
- Calen Carr 3 Forward
- Gaston Puerari 18 Forward
- Diego Chavez 99 Forward
- Sam Arthur Forward
- Davis Paul Forward
- Paraskevas Pantazopoulos - 22 year old forward, winner of the open tryout.
- Mike Videira - 25 year old midfielder from AC St. Louis. Drafted in the second round of the 2008 MLS Superdraft by New England. Made 12 appearances for the Revolution and 8 for St Louis last year.
- Martin Rivas - 19 year old midfielder from Argentina. Preselected for tryouts with Boca Juniors, Lanus, Independiente. Previous tryouts with Philadelphia Union and DC United.
- Yoximar Granados Mosquera - 18 year old speedy right back from Colombian Postobón (Escuela Carlos Sarmiento Lora).
- Michael Muniz - 21 year old California born center back from Mexican D2 Bravos de Nuevo Laredo. Has played for the Mexico U-20 National squad.
- Alec Dufty - 23 year old goalkeeper from AC St. Louis. With the 3 goalkeeper requirement, the recent release of Dykstra (Klopas citing age), and the release of Glaeser, Dufty looks to have a great chance to take one of the 7-8 remaining roster spots.
- Shane Clarke - 23 year old English born midfielder from Boston United but most experience with Lincoln City. He had 68 appearances for Lincoln City in the last three seasons. Lincoln City has had a poor run the last few seasons, struggling to avoid relegation to League 3.
- Gabriel Ferrari - 22 year old American striker and product of the MetroStars youth system, captained the U-16 team that won the North American Championship. Skipped college to join Sampdoria but has been loaned out each season. Came on as a substitute against Inter Milan in a 2007 Italian cup match, otherwise no Serie A caps. Most recently from Swiss club Wohlen. 4 caps and 3 goals for the US U-20 team in 07-08.
- Orr Barouch - Video 1 Video 2 Young Midfielder from Chivas USA Youth roster, part of "Discover Europe" tour.
- Nabil Taider (unofficial) - 27 year old Tunisian midfielder from Sivasspor. Looks big, slow, and a little awkward on the ball but sees the field really well and sets up some great plays. Decent long balls. Not afraid to unleash on goal from distance. Video below.