I went to Quebec. It was nice. I stopped at the Hockey Hall of Fame and actually drove past BMO Field, but forgot to take a picture. Instead I have a picture of a hockey sweater (with a special shout-out to The Ice Garden).
Here’s a small collection of pictures I was mentally aware enough to get while I wasn’t raising my voice with the other road support. Honestly most of my stories were about traffic, but it’s always great to have fans take the 14+ hour drive up to Montreal to support the Fire and even better to see them win there.
- Stade Saputo filling up a few hours before the game. I think the Fire supporters got in there before the Montreal supporter’s groups. John Carollo III - Hot Time In Old Town
- We went through Toronto on the way to Montreal to see the Hockey Hall of Fame and while I do have a picture of me with the Stanley Cup, I really want to give a shout out to our SB Nation affiliates, The Ice Garden. I’ve been trying to get into women’s hockey and they’ve been really helpful. Kessel isn’t my favorite (*cough*Hilary Knight*cough*), but she’s still pretty good. John Carollo III - Hot Time In Old Town
- The tower from the Olympic Stadium rises above Stade Saputo on the morning of match day. John Carollo III - Hot Time In Old Town
- A more picturesque look at the pitch just before the match as the players prepare to walk out. John Carollo III - Hot Time In Old Town
- During the match was fun as there was a large group of children in front of the Fire fans. At one point it was a full on chanting match, at others they were joining along with us. It was all good in the end, but this is a great conflict picture. John Carollo III - Hot Time In Old Town
- The Chicago flag flies over the pitch as the Fire collect a victory from the (nearly) frozen north. John Carollo III - Hot Time In Old Town