We’re about a month and a half from the Fire’s season opener and two months from the start of the Red Stars’ 2018 campaign. Both clubs are hard at work rebuilding their rosters into teams that can compete. And so are we!
Hot Time In Old Town is looking for new writers to complete our wall-to-wall coverage of the Chicago Fire and the Chicago Red Stars. HTIOT is a community for fans and writers who love to wax poetic about Chicago soccer. We pride ourselves on our fearlessness, our honesty, and our commitment to telling the stories that need to be told about our teams and this sport.
From our mission statement:
We are a Chicago soccer blog driven by passion. Our writing is sharp, our prose is purple, our coverage is frequently adversarial. We thumb our noses at access journalism. We believe caring about the Fire and the Red Stars means accountability— from clubs, from fans, and from the media.
Here’s what we need from you:
- At least one (1) blog post per week. It can be a lengthy tactical analysis, a hard-hitting editorial, a quick news blurb, a short viral post sharing a great video or some social media shenanigans. We’re open to anything, as long as it’s about Chicago Soccer.
- Fill in gaps on Fire and Red Stars matchday coverage.
- Join the conversation in our weekly Roundtable discussions.
- If you have experience producing and editing video, we definitely want to hear from you.
- 18 and over, please.
- While we are currently negotiating with higher-ups at SBNation to change this, we are currently unable to pay our contributors. I understand this is a dealbreaker for many working freelancers. Please know that if you are able to make room for us in your schedule that we will be respectful of your time and grateful for your service in helping to build and maintain a thriving community. (Also: yes, we’ve read the Deadspin article.)
- We are actively seeking out applications from women, writers of color, LGBTQ folx, and contributors from other underrepresented communities. Marginalized voices are supported and elevated here.
- Our motto: “do no harm but take no shit.”
If you’re interested, leave a comment below or email us.