If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Chicago Fire and Red Stars and the community we’ve built here at Hot Time in Old Town. Here’s your opportunity to join our team.
Hot Time in Old Town is looking for a site manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
This is a remote, part-time, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend. The manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Chicago Fire/Red Stars storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Fire and the Red Stars and is already familiar with Hot Time in Old Town.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you want to join the team at Hot Time in Old Town, and a soccer-related writing sample. All items should be submitted via the Vox Media careers page. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all three items as specified.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SB Nation and Hot Time in Old Town are committed to bringing you coverage of the Fire and Red Stars from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.