After twelve days in Florida and seven days so far in Los Angeles, we’ve made it to the final week of 2020 preseason training camp for the Chicago Fire.
The team is due back in Chicago next weekend to begin preparations for the season opener in Seattle against the MLS Cup Champion Sounders, which is only 13 days away.
But first, the Fire are scheduled to train today and tomorrow before Wednesday’s match against Toronto FC at the University of California-Irvine. There’s no stream available for that one, but Saturday’s final preseason game against the LA Galaxy will be streamed live on ChicagoFireFC.com.
More Fire news:
- Brand new signing Boris Sekulić is expected to join the team in Los Angeles very soon. The right back played his final match for Polish club Gornik Zabrze on Friday. He started in a 2-0 win.
- New forward Robert Berić is back with the team in California. He had to miss Saturday’s 4-2 loss to the Colorado Rapids because he had to fly overseas to sort out his Visa.
- There should be more player announcements coming soon. We profiled a couple of players we could soon see in Chicago, Gaston Gimenez and Ignacio Aliseda.
- The club also tells Hot Time an announcement on the 2020 TV broadcast team is still to come. A crew from the Rapids handled the call on last Saturday’s stream.
- Elliot Collier and CJ Sapong each continued their hot preseason form with goals against the Rapids. The players lead the team with three goals each this preseason.
- Speaking of Collier, we did a lengthy profile of the Kiwi’s battle to get back to MLS after a couple of loan spells in USL. If you haven’t already, check it out. If you have ideas on a player you’d like us to profile next, share it in the comments!
The remainder of the preseason schedule:
Wednesday, Feb. 19 – Chicago Fire FC vs. Toronto FC at University of California-Irvine (5:00 p.m. CT)
Saturday, Feb. 22 – Chicago Fire FC vs. LA Galaxy at Dignity Health Sports Park (5:00 p.m. CT) - Streamed live at ChicagoFireFC.com