Chicago Fire games at Soldier Field will soon feel a little more normal.
The club announced this morning that pandemic-related capacity restrictions will be lifted starting July 3 vs. Atlanta United. It means the entire 100 and 200 sections—which is around 28,500 seats—will be available for Fire fans.
There are more changes coming:
- Tailgating will be allowed before matches on the upper deck of the Waldron parking garage, beginning with the next home match, Wednesday, June 23 against FC Cincinnati. Parking lots will open three hours before kickoff.
- Speaking of tailgating, there’s a new pre-game tailgate hosted by the club on the East Lawn called “Burnham Downs.” It will have live entertainment, concessions, soccer games, an EA Sports FIFA setup, and giveaways. Burnham Downs opens July 3.
- Fans will be able to enter through any gate, and will be able to move freely around the stadium. Masks and social distancing will no longer be required, but will be “encouraged for unvaccinated fans.”
- Because of a scheduling conflict with the Chicago Bears, the Sept. 29 match against NYCFC will be played at an alternate site. SeatGeek Stadium seems like the most logical choice, but there’s no official word on that.
- Season ticket and partial plan holders will get access to their originally selected seats, which will be uploaded to their accounts. Certain seats, like those near the team benches, will remain unavailable because of MLS COVID-19 protocols.
- Single-game tickets for all remaining matches at Soldier Field will go on sale Tuesday at 10 a.m. CT. The remaining June matches—June 23 against FC Cincinnati and June 26 vs. Philadelphia Union, are already on sale.
There are some theme nights coming, too:
Saturday, June 26 Philadelphia Union Pride Night 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 3 Atlanta United FC Post-Match Fireworks, presented by Heineken 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 24 Toronto FC Raise for P.L.A.Y.S. 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 8 New York Red Bulls Kid’s Day 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 22 New England Revolution Hispanic Heritage Night 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 29 New York City FC Kick Childhood Cancer 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 Real Salt Lake Fan Appreciation Night, presented by 7UP 7:00 p.m.